As part of the refurbishment of the new Christchurch City Council Civic building a water feature was constructed at the northern entrance. H2O were involved during the concept development stage of the design of the water feature and later were contracted by the main contractor Hawkins Construction to provide the detailed design, installation and commissioning phase of the contract.
CLIENT: Hawkins Construction
The water feature presented a unique challenge in that the main structure of the facility was already existing. The plant room was situated in a remote part of the basement of the building close to other electrical systems with no gravity drainage available. A high level of water treatment was implemented to reduce chlorine fumes from effecting the basement as well as an automated water dumping system which discharges water from the system during heavy rain.
- Circulation pump with stainless steel inlet strainer
- Water jet pump and controls for 3 jet fountains.
- Water filtration and UV Treatment with Triogen UV.
- Automated water chlorination and pH control.
- Automatic water dumping in case of feature flooding during heavy rain.
The Water feature was completed to the allocated budgets and in the required timeframes during the building construction period. We continue to service and maintain this feature today.